Pacific States Communications provides design build (DB) and project management (PM) services, including floor plan layouts, cable infrastructure and IT equipment rooms.
The early involvement and expertise of Pacific States Communications’ team typically delivers a solution that saves implementation time and money, as well as long-term savings for additions, moves and changes. Our design-build expertise assists owners and builders maximize efficient use of floor and closet space. Our on-site project management process assists scheduling within the different trades to insure the projected time frames are met.
For example for tenant improvements:
- Installing the initial cable runs, PSC works closely with the ceiling (hardpan and tiles), and paint subcontractors to avoid interference and delays. PSC can stagger shifts to work around their schedule. The labor hours to install the cable runs could be greatly increased if not completed prior to the ceiling tile grid being installed.
- Typically the flooring and painting is done last including the IT equipment room. We work with the general contractor to schedule the backboards, painting and flooring to be completed in phases so we can complete the cabling and IT equipment room / racks prior to final walkthrough. Otherwise the IT equipment room:
- cable terminations, labeling and certification cannot be completed until the end,
- IT equipment cannot be installed early for testing,
- Telco services cannot be installed early for testing,
- Overtime costs could be incurred to the meet deadlines.
- Pacific States Communications works closely with architects, engineers, project managers, builders and owners. With our vast experience in new construction and tenant improvement projects, we continuously work with all trades to avoid delays and costly issues